3.05.2015

What's cuter than animals reading Shakespeare?

Answer: nothing, obviously. Duh. 


To back up my claim, I have evidence gathered from my travels around the internet. So, without further ado, I give you...ANIMALS RECITING SHAKESPEARE. 

*the crowd goes wild*

Lady CatBeth is having a mental breakdown.
NOT THE CHICKEN. NOT THE LIVER. DAMN YOU, MEOWMIX!

Beareo Montague is in LOVE, goddamnit, and he doesn't care who knows it.

If Caesar had a dog that looked at him like this, he probably would have taken that soothsayer a tad more seriously. Also, I'm pretty sure he would never ever shower again and use mirrors to look around corners in his house.

Honestly, guys, I think that's his happy face.
And this is the first scene, so before Hamlet goes cuckoo for Coco Puffs.
And everyone dies.

It's more romantic when re-enacted with woodchucks.

Well, this is THE MOST evil raccoon I have ever seen. And I attended a college that was infested with raccoons.  Seriously they tried to invade the dorms and everything. One time, I thought I found a stray cat outside the library and I wound up getting charged by an evil little fuzzy humpback. AKA this is the perfect depiction of Richard III.

No caption needed.

So yeah, I rest my case. I'm pretty sure everyone would want to learn Shakespeare at school if Richard III was an evil raccoon (is there any other kind?). I look forward to the day that someone uses animal memes to re-enact an entire Shakespeare play. I'd watch that. In case you were curious, some guy is actually producing a pug version of Hamlet called Pug-let. More on this breaking story here. Isn't the world a more beautiful place now? If you want to see more animal actors quoting Shakespeare, there is a whole Tumblr called "Animals Quoting Shakespeare". I found all of the above memes on this blog, and many, many more that restored my faith in the world.

So. I'm supposed to write a prompt for this, but I honestly got nothing that combines poetry, animals, and Shakespeare memes. So here's what we're going to do instead to justify my love of animals reading Shakespeare:

A WORD LIST PROMPT!

And all the words are from the featured memes. Boom. Justified.

1. Damned 
2. Soft
3. Beware
4. Rotten
5. Kiss
6. Awe
7. Well

Now, in case you aren't familiar with word list prompts, the best way to tackle them is to free write with this list in front of you and play around with using the words. Then, you write a poem in which all the words (or the majority of them) are used. As always, feel free to share your creations (or Shakespeare-loving animal memes) in the comment section below. 


Just had to get one last one in there.
via genuis.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Floodmark Made By Underline Designs