6.26.2015

Featured Friday: The Editors Take on Found Poetry

Finders, Keepers.

(aka the editors of Floodmark have written found poems.)


Hello, readers! Once again we have come to the end of a very busy month. We hope you found inspiration within the pages of our blog. As you may know, at the end of every month the Editors try to "test drive", if you will, one of our prompts. Ya know, just to make sure we weren't doing anything too wacky or boring. This month, we chose to check out Found Poetry. Think of it as a collage of imagery, phrases, and words drawn from other sources. 

Don't know what Found Poetry is? Click here.

Emily has written a killer post about the various way to approach found poetry. She gives examples, helpful hints, and a step-by-step look at the most common ways poets write found poems. Plus, as an added bonus, she includes an awesome found poem as an example. 

Want to see a Found Poetry prompt? Click here.

In case you haven't noticed, Emily kicks ass when it comes to found poetry. We'll call her the resident expert here at Floodmark. She went ahead and wrote up a fun follow-up to her explanatory post about  found poetry. This one is a short and sweet prompt with plenty of inspiration. 


The Editors Tackle Found Poetry:



Let's take a look at Emily's poem, first:





Emily: One of my favorite found poems came from National Geographic (I think I reference that poem in my found poem post) so I decided to do it again! (Source text)


And here's Alli's poem: 




Alli: I've actually only provided an excerpt, here—I ended up with a three part poem. The first section is the longest, so I just included sections II and III. I have a feeling I'll go back and play around with the imagery I pulled from this wonderful article to create a series of shorter found poems, too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Floodmark Made By Underline Designs