9.01.2015

Word List: Harvest

Hey, poets! Ready for your next writing assignment? Today we'll be working with a themed word list as inspiration (and a challenge). 


I hate to be the one to break it to you...but the summer is drawing to a close, and Fall is upon us. I say this assuming you're not like me, who loves Fall and waits all year long for it. I'm gearing up for the leaves and my preferred temperature, SO I'm happy. But you may not be. Either way, give a final salute to the season of greenery with a harvest-themed word list. 

The challenge? Use all these words (or at least a majority) in your poem. Try to really push the boundaries on the uses for these words. Don't be shy --- experiment and expand the meaning! At the end of the writing process, you may decided that some of these words need to come out. That's 100% OK. This prompt is to get you writing and synthesizing and making connections more than anything else. Most of the time, I end up taking out half the words I use from a word list when I'm editing. If you're pleased with the presence of the words, then go with it! The point is, to each his/her own. Do your thang. Be inspired. All that jazz.

Harvest


1. Reap
2. Autumnal
3. Swell
4. Amber
5. Glean 
6. Moon
7. Abound
8. Loam
9. Ripe
10. Equinox



Did you like this word list? Want to see more prompts like this? You're in luck! Check out any of the fine themed word lists below:
4. Spring


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Floodmark Made By Underline Designs