7.28.2015

Get in the Zone: 3 Soundscapes to Inspire Your Writing

Do you listen to music when you write? Personally, it helps me get in the zone. At first, I was listening to the radio and whatever I had on my iPod---but then I realized that at times, the lyrics were competing with my words. Sometimes, I'd accidentally swipe a phrase, and I'd only notice when something sounded a little too familiar. Now, that's not the worst of accidents in your writing --- it can even be a happy one. BUT, it's always a bummer when you think it's original and well, that phrase straight up Forrest Gumps you: "Seat's taken":

via gifsoup.com

Ouch. So as much as you want to brilliantly adapt a lyric into your work –– make sure you're doing it knowingly. Let's avoid the accidental swipes. Swiper no swiping. Instead, find the JENNN-AAAAYY (read it in a Forrest Gump voice, guys, c'mon) of all phrases in your own noggin, and unlock it with some badass soundscapes.

"You can sit here if ya want."
WHY YES, I THINK I DO WANT TO SIT HERE, JENN-AY. THX.
via imgur.com

And then you can end up like this:

Didn't you know? Famous poets automatically earn the right to shamelessly double-fist ice cream cones.
#Perks
via hercampus.com

So, are you ready to let these three soundscapes take you away on the creativity train? Thought so.













And there you go! Now  get writing. But a word to the wise: don't listen to this music anywhere near your bed. (Read: I was listening to these as a demo while writing this post and completely passed out. Do creative dreams count?) Happy writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Floodmark Made By Underline Designs